Categories: Race Shirts
- I chased a woman down at Trader Joe’s because we were both wearing the SAME 1/2 marathon sweatshirt. I mean, what are the chances?
- I saw a Ragnar Relay shirt the other day and couldn’t help shouting “Yay Ragnar!” to the guy wearing it.
- I saw a guy with a Grand Rapids Marathon shirt (my first BQ and PR) at the Ragnar Relay and had to go over and chat with him.
- I always congratulate people wearing their Boston shirts/jackets.
- I love it when people come over to share war stories over a race shirt with me as well.
Then there are the shirts from races I didn’t run so well. They evoke thoughts like “oh the God forsaken heat that day….when will you learn not to go out too fast? Some of those shirts have been ditched. The rest are relegated to the depths of my workout stash.
Old race shirts also have an odd way of transporting me back in time: the course, the weather, who was with me, my level of fitness, or lack thereof all come sprinting back.
Do old race shirts bring back memories for you? Do you talk to people wearing shirts from races you also ran? Or am I weird?