Categories: Tempo Run
Blame it on snow envy (the East Coast is supposed to get way more than us), a need for an endorphin fix, not sure what but I must have gotten out on the cranky side of the bed this morning:
- Not one, not 2, but 3 invites/obligations came up that conflicted with races I had designs on. Hissss.
- It was slipperier than a Chi-town politician when I walked the kids out to the bus this morning, meaning my tempo run would be indoors.
- I procrastinated said tempo run something fierce.
- El Diablo swore at me. I swore back.
- The washer ate one of the padded boob things from my new Love Racer Tank, or so I thought.
- It’s the year of the snake. Double hisssss.
Then the day gradually improved.
- The tempo run rocked, slower than I’d like but still…
- I passed on my usual protein shake and had recovery touchdown chili instead.
- It’s snowing like a mofo, just the way I like it and I don’t need to drive anywhere.
- I found the boob pad. Thing 2 was using it as a knee cushion.
- I still loathe snakes but when I’m all jacked up on endorphins and chili, I don’t care.
A good run changes everything!
What makes you cranky?