Fun Day w/Dara & Koss

Yesterday I road tripped up to Milwaukee WI (what are the chances I get up to cheese country twice in less than a week?) for a VIP Fitfluential mission.
We attended the unveiling of two new products from Koss, maker of the first headphones.
Koss partnered with 12 x Olympic medalist and all-around badass, Dara Torres to create earbuds especially for women. The mission: check out Koss’ Fitbuds and Fitclips, join Dara Torres in a spin class using said earbuds, eat lunch, interview Dara and overall have a great time. Tough gig but somebody’s gotta do it.
threeFFA
We changed into spin attire.
daratorres
Dara Torres could not have been nicer. Extremely pleasant and approachable.
daraback
She went around the entire class helping everyone with their Fitclips. I may or may not have been riveted to her well-muscled back.
daraspin
We got our spin on and enjoyed the tunage through our Koss FitClips. It was good, sweaty fun.
koss collage
I loved the way the Fitclips sounded during the spin class…and oh the colors! Need I say more? The sound was great, they stayed in place and I forgot they were there so win-win-win. Stay tuned for a more complete review.
Afterward I got a chance to chat with Dara: on balancing workout and family, favorite ways to stay fit, and more. Stay tuned for that as well.
fitfluentialfamily
Have you met any Olympic athletes?
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Comments

1. says

Those headphones and the event look great! I normally prefer Yurbuds over wrap arounds but may have to try these. Who made the gear you all wore? Super cute!

2. Marcia says

Ash Bear-
    The orange tees are from Bella, the yellow tanks are from Canvas.

3. says

I have been really lucky to meet a number of athletes and am always surprised when they seem so darn nice, i have no idea why!! Ok so did you ask her about those abs??

4. says

Andy Potts did a talk for my triathlon group. He was with a bunch of non-olympic but still amazing athletes. It was awesome!

5. says

I just read Skinny Runner’s post about the same event and I knew that was you in her pictures!!!
    So cool that you got to meet and chat with Dara T!!
    How amazing are her abs?!
    Can’t wait to hear your review on the headphones – they seem very reasonably priced so if they work great it would be worth it for me.

6. Denise P. says

I met Kara Goucher at Nike Women’s Marathon expo in 2011. I’ve never smiled so big in a photo.

7. says

Fun, as a swimmer I’m jealous!

I met Janet Evans (Olympic swimmer) in Florida when I was younger and I swam in the same pool at the same time as Ian Crocker (Olympic swimmer). He’s from Maine and he was always amazing to watch at our meets!

8. says

Before I even read your comment I was having a hard time focusing because that is one perfect back! That’s what a LOT of hard work will get you. :)

I have not met an Olympian but if I did Dara would be at the top of my list!