• About Me

Marcia

I'm a stay-at-home-mom who, as part of a mid-life challenge, decided to run a marathon for kicks. I didn't plan on it becoming a hobby, but it did. I QUALIFIED FOR BOSTON at my second marathon and slipped into the vortex. Join me as I fulfill my dream of running the marathon majors.

Learn More

Need a Coach?

Diet-to-Go

bestowed

I’m a Tough Chik!

In March I Will…

Categories: Goal Setting, Goals, Home Front, Running Goals, Spring Break

…Keep on swimming. The loathing is bound to end someday

marchmiles

…Run 100 miles. I’ve never set a mileage goal before

…Track my food via MyFitnessPal, except during spring break all bets are off

218

…Kick back on spring break

(source)

(source)

…Go cave tubing

…Return to drinking my coffee black

…Go on a blog field trip

…Gain a brother in law

What will you do in March?

1. Andrea says:

What is a blog field trip?
    I will run a half marathon, yes, I will, yes, I will.

2. MILF Runner says:

Awesome list!

I will:

-Celebrate 3 kids’ birthdays and our wedding anniversary
    -shave my legs
    -read a BOOK!
    -stop paying any attention to negativity.

3. Penny Frey says:

I am in for the 100 miles in March.

4. Elle says:

Cavetubin? Ewwwww. I am so afraid of caves and dark small enclosed spaces.

5. Kate says:

Cave tubing looks awesome!!

In March I will volunteer at an adventure race, possibly do my first mountain bike race of the year (for which I’m totally not trained), watch my youngest at Pinewood Derby districts, hopefully watch my middle son take his oath as a Marine, and volunteer at adventure camp!

6. I like the way that My Fitness Pal eventually works up a frequent foods list, making it easier to add your daily food entries. That goal won’t be too hard to accomplish!

7. Jill says:

Your sister’s getting married? How cool is that!?

I’m actually going to try to run in March. :)

Miss you, Louise!

8. Lisa says:

…complete my second group project for the class i’m taking
    …continue training for a half-marathon
    …celebrate 25th wedding anniversary!!
    …go on vacation during spring break with Husband and Daughter.

9. Carla says:

I will get my workouts on track. They are so off it’s crazy.

Can’t wait to hear how March goes.

10. Marcia says:

Jill I should’ve said BIL by marriage. The Caveman’s sister is getting married.

11. Mike says:

In March I will do as little as possible :-) . Oh, and maybe come up with a blog post.

12. Alex says:

In march, I’m gonna start my diet and be in perfect shape by summer time :)

13. Cave tubing looks and sounds awesome! I want to try!

In March, I will set up the baby’s nursery…hopefully.

14. Kim says:

Looks like you have a great plan for March. I’m hoping to get over 100 miles, too.
    Glad that you are giving yourself a break from food tracking while y’all are enjoying your spring break trip!!!

15. Swimming…not a fan. I’ve tried to be. I’ve taken lessons. The only swimming I enjoy is jumping from the boat to the waterski. Guess a tri is not in my future!

I’m interested in this cave tubing. I’ve got teenage boys…could be something they’d like!

I cannot wait to go to Florida.

16. Char says:

I’ll be making lots of cakes because it’s a busy birthday month. I’ll be running a lot because of my half coming up early April. I’ll be working a lot because it’s competition season. And I’ll probably get pretty tired from all the running, baking and working.

17. Sandy says:

I will run the LA Marathon.
    I will run at least 120 miles.
    I will continue to avoid my favorite cupcake shop!

18. You have a busy month planned! We don’t get a March break – but we are going away for the kids April vacation next month.

19. Rachelle Q says:

Oooh cave tubing sounds fun! We are going to Arizona next week and I can’t wait to feel the sunshine on my face!! Also in March is the Big Climb:)