Categories: Gardening, July Recap, Trail Running, Training in heat, Weight Loss
Miles run: 113 This is the most I’ve run since July 2011, when I ran 114.
Miles run on trails: 50
Cycling miles: 60
Speed sessions: 4
Plyometric workouts: 4
Strength/corework sessions: 9
Hill workouts: 1
Workouts missed: 0
Birthdays celebrated: 2
Birthday cakes baked: 3 + 24 cupcakes
Races: 1 (RnR Chi)
Pool days: Lots. Too bad there’s not a workout of any kind happening here, unless you count endless games of Marco Polo.
Pounds gained/lost: -0.6 since July 1. Let the record show there was a fluctuation of 2.8 lbs. during the month of July. Blame it on the birthday cake. Oh and those pesky Frappucinos.
Weather: I’ve done more mill running than I would like because of the heat. Not complaining though. Grateful to have the luxury of a treadmill.
Garden: It’s been hard to keep our community garden watered in the heat. Seems like everything is behind in growth. We’ve picked just a dozen or so grape tomatoes and some snap peas so far.
Olympics: As much as I adore watching, I’m staying up way too late, which makes getting up for early morning workouts harder than it has to be.
Daylight: My beloved early morning light is fading fast. Boo!
- Lose 5 lbs. I’d still be a couple of pounds over BQ weight but it’s a start.
- Make it through two 20-milers in one piece with minimal whining
- More hill training to prep for Denver RnR next month and Zooma Great Lakes in October.
- Navigate through back-to-school schedule changes without missing workouts
- Once the kids are back in school, get to the gym for yoga and spin classes
How did July shake out for you? What’s exciting in August?