Kids please welcome my guest, Certified Personal Trainer Judy Kuan from Wello Fitness, here to share some tips and tricks for staying on the fitness wagon during the holidays.
During the holidays, life tends to get especially hectic and stressful. It can be hard to care for yourself as you put in extra work hours, plan for vacations and family get-togethers, and find the time to decorate while juggling other daily tasks.
1. Prioritize your health: Schedule in at least 5 hours a week of “me-time” and use at least 3 of those hours for working out, and perhaps the other 2 hours for exploring new recipes, pampering yourself, you name it! You’re the only one who can stop the cycle of “deprioritizing” your health when life gets busy. Bonus: You’ll likely feel less stressed, happier, and more engaged – and as a result, be able to really enjoy quality time with family and friends.
2. Act like a kid: What do kids do around the holidays? They run around with excitement, barely able to sit still. Take a page from their book and take walks to check out your neighbors’ holiday decorations; head outdoors for some sledding or snowshoeing; or sign up for a holiday 5K.
3. Workout with Friends: It’s easier to stay on track when you’ve got your friends and family supporting you. The next time you’re watching a football game, get everyone to do jumping jacks for each point that your favored team scores, and push-ups for each point the other team scores. Lunge your way through time-outs, and fill up on healthy snacks during half-time.
4. Always have a back-up plan: The holidays are full of surprises, be they presents or last-minute delays. Missed your workout due to a late night at work? Make sure your fitness routine stays on track by having a contingency plan for missed workouts.
Judy Kuan is one of a host of certified trainers at Wello Fitness, ready and waiting to help you reach your fitness goals. Wello is an online training service. Whether you’re looking for a general training session, yoga, pilates, martial arts or something else, simply choose a trainer, schedule a convenient time, and workout in the comfort and convenience of your home via live streaming video from your computer. With the weather so crappy lately, doesn’t this sound good? There’s all kinds of flexibility: choose group workouts or personal sessions. Pay as you go, buy a package of 4 classes, 10 classes or unlimited.
Two lucky readers will receive a $50 credit at Wello Fitness. This covers one free month of live streaming, online group fitness classes. The first month is always free so that’s a total of 2 free months.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
A portion of this post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Koss.
How did everybody do with Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Still more gifts to buy? You’re in luck because I have a bunch of my favorites sure to please the active people on your list. Don’t forget to treat yourself too! Let’s get started:
1. 1/4 zip pullover. I’ve reviewed Janji fitness apparel here before but this company is too good not to mention again. When you purchase this pullover, you’re also giving one person in Tanzania a full year of clean drinking water. The styling, functionality and quality is top notch. I love the distinctive pattern on the arm and shoulders and bright yellow accents. Like nothing I’ve seen before. Each piece of high-performance clothing you buy from Janji helps fund solutions and raise awareness of a global food and water crisis in a lasting way. Prices start at $18 and go up to $74. Definitely check them out.
2. FitBit One: I had the privilege of being a Verizon Voices Ambassador this year and one of the ‘toys’ I had the pleasure of testing was the FitBit one. It was eye opening and fun at the same time to track my activity. Although I came within 1″ of submerging mine in the pool last summer, and I was convinced I’d lost it once, I still wear it every single day. I love the challenge of getting in 10k steps and 10 flights of stairs. FitBits will definitely be showing up in some stockings around here.
3. Koss FitSeries Earbuds: I reviewed these earlier in the year and I’ve been enjoying them ever since. Koss FitClips and FitBuds are the brainchild of Koss’ female designers and Olympic Gold Medalist Dara Torres. They’re designed for women, by women. I wear FitClips for running. The colored part wraps around my ear while the bud snaps in place and does not budge, yet it’s so light, I feel like it isn’t there. Because my ears are petite flowers (ok that’s the last time I’ll say that) I wear FitBuds to the gym with the smallest cushions–they come with 3 different cushion sizes to assure the perfect fit. Koss FitClips and FitBuds are a perfect gift for the active ladies in your life. They each sell for $19.99 and can be found at WalMart, Best Buy, Walgreens, Kmart and Sears.
4. Ornaments: I was lucky enough to win this fab ornament in a blog giveaway a couple of years ago and I still get comments and questions about it constantly. It’s from Milestone’s Sports Jewelry and Apparel and I’ve since become a rather frequent customer (hello running charms). Definitely check them out for unique, fun running and sports-related gifts.
5. Massage! I may be getting myself an entire package of sports massages. Everybody knows runners are rigid and inflexible and renowned for neglecting the tired old body. I know I sure am. I won’t recommend any certain place because this tends to be a local thing but a massage or 6 would be an awesome gift.
GIVEAWAY: If you saw my Stocking Stuffer post, there was an awesome pair of socks from Thorlo: The XCXU Crew from the Experia collection. These particular crews have been a godsend in the cold because they close the gap between shoe and tights and they keep all the debris from the trails I’ve been frequenting out of my shoes. Cushioned where I need them to be, they are a must try.
WIN IT! One lucky reader will win a pair of Thorlo XCXU socks. U.S. residents only please.
a Rafflecopter giveaway