Categories: Race Schedule, Training Recap, Weight Loss
Happy March! It’s in like a lion here with blowing snow (what else is new?) and frigid wind chills. So let’s wrap up February:
Miles run: 71
Miles Cycled: 75
Muddy Monk Frozen 5: DNS because the trails were a sheet of ice.
Virtual Races: 3
Goals for Feb: Weightloss
- Weight: -3.6 lbs.
- Body Fat: -3%
Holy cow this has not been easy. I’m still logging my food and tracking with the Fitbit Aria scale. I can clearly see now that every little chip counts. 2 lbs. of cruise weight to go; then 6 lbs to BQ weight.
Guilty Pleasure: Junket to Montreal for the Maroon 5 concert. OK I’m not guilty about this. At. All.
- Meal planning: Finally, for the first time ever, I planned meals every week. I prepped ahead of time and thawed early. The stress this reduced was significant. Need to keep this train rolling.
- Heart Rate Training: My runs are so much more enjoyable this way.
Upcoming races: While May and June are filling up, I don’t have much on tap in March and April so far:
- 3/30: Eggshell Shuffle 5k
- 5/4: Wisconsin Half
- 5/18: Run for the Fields 5k
- 5/19: Chicagoland Spring Half
- 6/2: Northshore Half
- 6/23: Fleet Feet Women’s Half
- 7/18: Espirit de She 5k
How was your February? What’s on tap for March? Anyone racing?