Home stretch kids! Week 11 of the One Small Change Challenge is here. How’s it been going so far? Link up below and tell us. Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Keep kitchen counters clutter free
- Drink at least 64 oz water daily
- Do a 2 minute daily plank sequence
- Drink warm water with lemon every morning**
- Plan meals
- Get out for a 10-minute or longer decompression walk on non-running days
- Do at least 2 burpees daily
- Pay-It-Forward: This is a fun one. Here are some of the things I did this week and I’ve got more up my sleeve:
- Tuesday: Brought lunch over to a neighbor with a terminally ill son
- Wednesday: Sent treats to the teachers at school
- Thursday: Helped a mom at school carry boxes in from her car
- Friday: Rang the Salvation Army bell with our Brownie Troop
- Saturday: Bought coffee for the next person in line at the Buck of Star
- Sunday: Played ding dong ditch leaving holiday cookies at doorsteps around the neighborhood
- Monday: Remember the closet purge I mentioned yesterday in runfessions? I donated clothes and linens to a local shelter for victims of domestic abuse and spent part of the day volunteering there.
This week I’m turning my focus inward. You may know I’m a bit of, ok a huge procrastinator. Like many of you, I tend take care of others before I take care of myself. My change this week is I will get on top of those little self-care things that add up. Like a haircut. It’s been more than a freaking year. A mammogram. If I want to have the running year I hope to next year I NEED to get regular massages. No more of the twice a decade plan. I’ll be chipping away at self-care stuff like that.
How about you? What one small change will you make this week? Remember it’s never too late to join us. Link up below any time this week and tell us about it. You may be our final winner!
Giveaway Winners! Thanks to all who entered and to Thorlo and Wello for sponsoring. Stay tuned for more chances to win.
Thorlo Socks: Congrats to Kim Addis
Wello Online Fitness: Congrats to Carla Bruns